Art Fight!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Art Fight!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Point system

Go down 
+6
ki
dragonfyre
Dragonfly
Taniku
The-Top-Dog
Falx
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Falx
Admin
Falx

Point system Empty
PostSubject: Point system   Point system Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 9:35 pm

Okay, for those who are unfamiliar with our point system, the type of art determines how many points your team gets.

Artwork that doesn't fall into a category or artwork that you feel deserves more points than listed is approved. When the time comes to start the fight, their will be a post for arguing points. You'll suggest the number of points for the picture in question and then have three people approve it. :3

Here's a rough point value chart, I'm looking for suggestions. All artwork must be 100% your own. You can only use the same lineart once, so no coloring a bunch of tags for people on the same base.

Sketch: 1 point
Colored Sketch: 5 points
Shaded Sketch: 10 points

Lined drawing: 8 points
Flat colored image: 12 points
Shaded image: 15 points

Shaded image with simple background: 20 points
Shaded image with complicated background: 30 points

Tag: 10 points
Tag with background: 12points

For tags with animation you'll have to get the points approved since there are so many different levels of animation.

Ideas?

Last edited by Falx on Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://artfight.forumotion.com
The-Top-Dog

The-Top-Dog

Point system Empty
PostSubject: Re: Point system   Point system Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 9:39 pm

Looks good. But what in the world is a shaded sketch? Is it where you just take a sketch, color over it (so it looks sketchy) and add some shading?
Back to top Go down
http://furry-paws.com
Falx
Admin
Falx

Point system Empty
PostSubject: Re: Point system   Point system Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 10:20 pm

Hang on, I'll get out my example. Razz

Point system DMG
Back to top Go down
Taniku

Taniku

Point system Empty
PostSubject: So...   Point system Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 8:20 am

Do you get points for giving a person Large art, and a tag? or do you just get points for one?
Back to top Go down
Dragonfly

Dragonfly

Point system Empty
PostSubject: Re: Point system   Point system Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 8:59 am

Would a tag with a background and / or animation be worth more than a normal tag?
Back to top Go down
http://plastic-flamingo.deviantart.com/
dragonfyre

dragonfyre

Point system Empty
PostSubject: Re: Point system   Point system Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 9:13 am

Taniku wrote:
Do you get points for giving a person Large art, and a tag? or do you just get points for one?

If the Large Art is different to the tag, then it scores for both. If the tag is just a resized version of the large art, only the large art scores.

That's how I read it anyway, but could be wrong!
Back to top Go down
http://www.undermybed.co.uk/
Taniku

Taniku

Point system Empty
PostSubject: Okay...   Point system Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 9:24 am

I'm trying to get this understood,

IF...I draw large art and make a tag I get points for Large art

If it the same character/position and everything as a tag, but the Large art is made unique with a complex background like THIS, but the tag is just the Fairy, I get points for the Large art and Tag?
Back to top Go down
dragonfyre

dragonfyre

Point system Empty
PostSubject: Re: Point system   Point system Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 12:23 pm

I'd still think only points for Large Art. It says up there "You can only use the same lineart once", which is how I'm interpreting this. You've still used the lineart in the large pic - resizing it (or cropping/whatever) is still the same lineart.

I could be completely wrong though! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Taniku

Taniku

Point system Empty
PostSubject: Alrighty   Point system Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 3:01 pm

I think I got it now. Only use the art once.

Now does it automatically give you the greater of the points (well not automatically) or do you get the points for the type you give first, and it won't matter if later in the fight you opt to also give them the larger version as well.

Example: Me I like to sketch/draw and color in large forms (better on the eyes I hate squinting) but I give someone a tag for the war, and later in the war I figure why not give them the large art piece too I just keep/get the points for the colored tag right?

after this I do promise that's my last question, this is my first year in the Art Fight Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dragonfyre

dragonfyre

Point system Empty
PostSubject: Re: Point system   Point system Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 3:36 pm

It's my first year too - and now I'm stumped! I don't really know ... I'm like you though, I quite often draw large art which is resized down to tag size.
Back to top Go down
Falx
Admin
Falx

Point system Empty
PostSubject: Re: Point system   Point system Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 4:38 pm

You can only use the same line-art once, so having the same large art scaled down or part of a large would not count for both. However, if you feel that it should count for both, or you want more points for doing both you can go through the appeals system to ask for more points. (This is the exact reason we have a sytem in place to ask for more points or to ask for point for an art piece not in a catagory!)

So if I drew a a large art with a background, but then took the character part of it and made it a tag I could ask for more points. All I need is three people to okay it and I'm good to add the tag on for extra points, though it would count as one attack.

Dragonfly; They didn't, but now they do! This is why I asked for feedback. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ki

ki

Point system Empty
PostSubject: Re: Point system   Point system Icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 4:40 pm

So, what if the tag is shaded or unshaded?
Back to top Go down
Quinn

Quinn

Point system Empty
PostSubject: Teams   Point system Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 7:41 pm

In a big danger of sounding like some retard xD, .. When will we know what this year Team theme will be? Very Happy

+++ sorry it's my first year o.o
Back to top Go down
symphony

symphony

Point system Empty
PostSubject: Re: Point system   Point system Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 3:32 pm

I have a question.

Would any points be awarded if an artist recoloured a creature in a manip to look like someone's fursona?
ie it would look moreorless like digital art but the origins would have been a picture.
Back to top Go down
Aura

Point system Empty
PostSubject: Re: Point system   Point system Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 2:40 pm

Symphony- I don't know about the exact point value, but what I do know is that -all- parts of the artwork must be your own original work. So unless you yourself took the photos that were in the manip, I don't think it would be accepted :/
Back to top Go down
symphony

symphony

Point system Empty
PostSubject: Re: Point system   Point system Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 6:01 pm

Oh yeah, that would be fine for canine images - I have a rather extensive canine stock of my own to hand.

Look forward to having this answers by Falx / someone who can give me an idea if it's ok Smile / how many points Smile
Back to top Go down
Obiz

Point system Empty
PostSubject: I disagree   Point system Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 3:34 pm

Well, I don't see why not- It's like taking a picture of a brown cat, and making it into a black cat, but it still looks like a picture. It's up to falx, but I think it's acceptable. It is her own art, she's the one that manipulated the photo. It takes the same amount (if not more) of work as a peice of artwork, too. Plus- I would love to have a real picture of my character! How neat! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Point system Empty
PostSubject: Re: Point system   Point system Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Point system
Page 1 of 1